Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Strategic evaluation of the role of people within organisations, critique of the motive behind how people act and critical engagement with literature to improve people practices.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2022 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,132.73|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), PGDipCom, MCom
- More information link
- Teaching staff
To be advised when paper is next offered.
- Teaching Arrangements
This paper is taught via lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Evaluate the literature on people practices in organisations
- Use literature to support critical arguments for people practice improvements
- Be creative in your approach to understanding people management
- Take into account the wider environment when strategically thinking about people management