Strategic evaluation of the role of people within organisations, critique of the motive behind how people act and critical engagement with literature to improve people practices.
|Paper title||Human Resource Management|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,079.88|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,786.79|
- 72 300-level MANT points
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Co-ordinators: Dr Fiona Edgar and Dr Paula O'Kane
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, small group discussions and readings, case analysis and interaction with outside organisations.
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate the literature on people practices in organisations
- Use literature to support critical arguments for people practice improvements
- Be creative in your approach to understanding people management
- Take into account the wider environment when strategically thinking about people management