Leadership literature and strategic evaluation of the importance of leaders for business and society, taking into consideration their responsibilities and decision-making from a variety of perspectives.
|Paper title||Leadership Development|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (16 January 2023 - 14 April 2023) (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,163.90|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), PGDipCom, MSusBus, MCom
- The N1 distance occurrence of this paper is only available to students enrolled in the MSusBus programme.
Enrolments for the N1 occurrence of this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Distance learning co-ordinators: Dr Joe Cooper or MBA Manager
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is taught remotely.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Understand how human resource practices contribute to the development of leaders
- Critically evaluate the role of ethics, integrity and trust in developing socially responsible leaders
- Develop an appreciation for the importance of strategic thinking in leadership decision-making