Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Operations excellence and value chain best practice, and the relationship between operational capability, business performance, and the development of sustainable competitive advantage.
|Paper title||Operations Excellence|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,132.73|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- BCom(Hons), PGDipCom, MCom
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Management's website.
- Teaching staff
Co-ordinator: Dr Jeff Foote
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will
- Develop an understanding of the theoretical concepts and practical implications of operational excellence from the local to global contexts
- Develop an appreciation for broader environmental dynamics, such as climate change, sustainable development and social responsibility, and the implications for operational excellence
- Understand the various models and frameworks that support business excellence
- Understand the differing requirements for business excellence and how these vary across different business types and sectors