Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Taught in Māori, this is a continuing advanced language paper for students who have passed MAOR311. Ko te kaupapa o tēnei pepa he whakahōhonu, he whakawhānui i te reo o te hunga kua puta atu i MAOR311. Katoa ngā mahi o tēnei pepa kei te reo Māori.
This paper aims to develop conversational fluency and proficiency in the Māori language. Students will extend on the sentence structure patterns taught in MAOR 211 and MAOR 212 with more sophisticated structures and develop confidence in using these patterns both in writing and in speaking. Students will practise listening to advanced Māori language from native speakers.
|Paper title||Te Māhuri 2|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$929.55|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- MAOR 311
- MAOR 331, MAOR 431
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
Tel 03 479 8674
- More information link
- View more information on the Te Tumu website
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed. Please contact the department for more information.
- Paper Structure
Internal assessment 100%
Attendance-based Terms apply.
Moorfield, J. C. 2001. Te Māhuri (Te Whanake 3) 2nd ed. Auckland: Pearson Education.
Moorfield, J. C. 2005. Te Aka Māori-English, English-Māori Dictionary and Index.
Mehemea ka pīrangitia:
Moorfield, J. C. 2003. Te Māhuri Pukapuka Tātaki (Te Whanake 3). Auckland: Pearson Education.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Communication, Cultural understanding, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Ki te eke ngā mahi i tēnei akoranga ka nui ake te āhei o te akonga ki:
- Te whakapuaki i ngā kōrero mō te mahi a te kaupapa he rite tonu te kōrerorerotia tae atu ki te kōrero mō te mahi ahuwhenua, mō te hauora me ngā momo mate, mō te pōti, mō ngā taonga pūoro, mō ngā kōrero pūrakau, mō te reo Māoru anō hoki
- Te kuhu i te ai i aua kuapapa me te noho mārama, ahakoa kōrero, ahakoa tuhi
- Te whakahuahua i ngā takotoranga hou me ngā kupu hou Te Māhuri i roto i te reo kōrero