A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
This paper is a desktop option for students enrolled in the Postgraduate Diploma of Marine Science. If you choose to do a 20-point desktop research review, you may not use this qualification to go on to another research degree. The other option is to undertake original research and enrol in the 40-point equivalent paper: MARI 490. Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and an approved review project.
|Paper title||Independent Project|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (8 July 2019 - 17 June 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,535.97|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,517.77|
- MARI 481
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information about MARI 480
- Teaching staff
Fourth-Year Co-ordinator: Professor Abby Smith
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.