A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper is for students enrolled in the Postgraduate Diploma or Honours degree. It involves a year-long field- or lab-based independent research project, culminating in a major dissertation. You may use this qualification to go on to another research degree (e.g. MSc or PhD). Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and an approved research project.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,071.03|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,032.23|
- Limited to
- BAppSc(Hons), PGDipSci
- More information link
- View more information about MARI 490
- Teaching staff
Fourth-Year Co-ordinator: Professor Abby Smith
- Text books are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.