Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper is required for students enrolled in the MSc in Marine Science. It involves a year-long field- or lab-based independent research project, culminating in a major thesis proposal. Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and an approved research project.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (22 February 2019 - 31 December 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,071.03|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,032.23|
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information about MARI 495
- Teaching staff
Fourth-Year Co-ordinators: Professor Abby Smith
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will have gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.