Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
This paper is required for students enrolled in the MSc in Marine Science. It involves a year-long field- or lab-based independent research project, culminating in a major thesis proposal. Admission to the programme is contingent on having a supervisor and a research project ready to go.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,010.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information about MARI 495
- Teaching staff
- Fourth-Year Co-ordinators: Dr Candida Savage
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will have gained significant knowledge and experience in undertaking individual research.