Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
The analysis and application of marketing principles in an international context.
|Paper title||International and Export Marketing|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$872.70|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,405.05|
- Two of (MART 201, MART 202, MART 203) or two of (MART 201, MART 210, MART 211, MART 212)
- Schedule C
- Students majoring in International Business who do not meet the prerequisites for MART326 should contact the department to discuss their eligibility.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Marketing's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Andrea Insch
- Teaching Arrangements
- Every week students must attend one 110-minute lecture and participate in one 50-minute tutorial when scheduled.
- Fletcher, R. and Crawford, H. (2014) "International Marketing: An Asia-Pacific Perspective", 6th Edition, Pearson.
- Course outline
- View the course outline for MART 326
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper should be able to
- Identify and analyse the influence and impacts of the international marketing environment on strategic and tactical decision making
- Understand the methods for determining which overseas markets to target
- Critically evaluate the different approaches to internationalisation and modes of market entry
- Understand the benefits and limitations of standardisation versus adaptation in international marketing strategy
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for international market development
- Research and design a market entry strategy for a selected international market opportunity
- Prepare an international market entry plan