Investigation of a problem at a critical and analytical level, backed by appropriate applied and academic literature.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (27 February 2023 - 22 February 2024)
2nd Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 5 July 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,327.10|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
Teaching staff to be advised.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Plan and conduct an independent research project that will be relevant to the chosen academic discipline (research)
- Apply critical thinking skills and (potentially) interdisciplinary approaches to the chosen discipline and research topic (critical thinking)
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently (self-motivation)
- Be able to write a research report with a high level of communication skills (verbal and written) (critical thinking, communication)