2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
A supervised research dissertation of up to 20,000 words on an approved topic.
The paper is a required component of the coursework option for the MA and can be commenced in either the first or second semester.
|Paper title||Research Dissertation|
|Subject||Media, Film and Communication|
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (24 February 2020 - 15 February 2021), 2nd Non standard period (27 July 2020 - 21 June 2021)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,094.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,025.00|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Communication,
Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Research,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing the research dissertation will be able to demonstrate an:
- Ability to design and develop coherent and appropriate research questions that draw on the conceptual, methodological and theoretical knowledge of their chosen discipline.
- Ability to apply appropriate and specific skills in acquiring, organising, analysing, and evaluating information in their chosen discipline; to organise and configure that research; and to report it in written scholarly forms.
- Ability to consider and evaluate their research in a critical and analytical manner; to engage in the highest scholarly ethical standards.
- Ability to undertake independent, self-directed research