Tuition to develop performance skills in a solo instrument or voice, a second instrument or voice, or an approved popular music or world music context.
Approved World Music Options: Taonga Pūoro (traditional Māori instruments), Taiko (Japanese drumming), Koto (Japanese zither) or Scottish piping or drumming.
|Paper title||Performance Studies 2|
|Points||18 points 18 points 18 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,338.30|
- MUSI 140 (passed with a grade of at least C+)
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- (i) Entrance to MUSI 240 requires Departmental Permission. (ii) Admittance is subject to teacher's availability. (iii) May not be taken in the same year as MUSI 241 (except in the world music ensemble performance option) and cannot be credited to a degree if MUSI 241 has already been passed in the same instrument or voice. (iv) Cannot be taken in the same instrument or voice as MUSI 241. (v) For information regarding auditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evidence of ability as a performer is required.
View more information about auditions.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts' website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
Please contact the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts office (email@example.com) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Teaching Arrangements
- One 30-minute individual lesson, plus a group performance class per week.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- By the end of the paper, having been guided through a course of technical and musical study especially designed to meet your individual needs, you should have an appropriate command of your instrument/voice and will be more capable of achieving expressive musical results.
- You will also have an enhanced understanding of the repertoire for your instrument or voice.