An in-depth study of micro- and macro-structures of music, including the analysis of post-tonal music, and incorporating examples from Western art music as well as contemporary popular music.
|Paper title||Materials of Music 3|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,338.30|
- MUSI 201
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts' website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
Please contact the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- A course reader and study materials will be handed out in the first class of each module.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain a greater understanding of harmony, musical organisation and analytical techniques. This paper will enhance a student's ability to interpret details within a composition, formulate cogent arguments as to musical meaning or the composer's intentions and penetrate the details below the musical surface.