A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,024.60|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Neuroscience Programme's website
- Teaching staff
- Students must obtain agreement from a neuroscientist at the University of Otago to supervise them before they are admitted to the programme. The student will be hosted in their supervisor's department.
- Paper Structure
Students taking this paper will conduct research to test a novel hypothesis and generate a research report. Timelines and expectations will be set by the supervisor and host department. The research report makes up 33% of the overall workload for the PGDipSci year.
- Research articles.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Gain deep knowledge and understanding of a specific area of neuroscience research
- Understand research methods and analysis
- Communicate results