Preparation of a thesis proposal/preliminary thesis research. Normally taken by students in the papers year for a Master’s degree by papers and thesis.
|Paper title||Master's Thesis Preparation|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,024.60|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Students in the first year of their MSc in Neuroscience by papers and thesis.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- The neuroscientist who has agreed to supervise your MSc thesis.
- Paper Structure
This paper is intended to allow you to plan and organise all of the background aspects of your MSc research project (for a 2-year MSc degree). In addition you may carry out pilot or preliminary experiments. Completion of NEUR 495 should place you in a good position to conduct the majority of your experimental work and dissertation writing in the second year. Timelines and expectations will be set by the supervisor and host department.
- Research articles
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information
literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Gain deep knowledge and understanding of a specific area of neuroscience research
- Understand research methods and analysis
- Communicate results