The development of specialist singing skills necessary to enter a career in musical theatre.
This paper provides the student with a focused approach to music theatre repertoire.
|Paper title||Musical Theatre Voice 1A|
|Subject||Performing Arts Studies|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,059.15|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,766.35|
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Entry is by audition.
- Students must audition for entry to this paper.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts' website, including audition details and copies of audition application forms
- Teaching staff
- Paper Co-ordinator: Dr Ian Chapman
Teaching Staff: Arlie McCormick
- Paper Structure
This paper covers recital and group siging with dance choreography. Please contact the Department of Music, Theatre and Performing Arts office (email@example.com) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Teaching Arrangements
Three one-hour lessons per week incorporating group and indvidiual lessons.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Research, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop the necessary vocal and performance skills to enter a career in the music theatre industry
- Be able to perform using musical skills with awareness of the necessary concepts and their potential uses in the professional arena