Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
The development of advanced singing and devising skills necessary to enter a career in musical theatre.
This paper builds further upon the focused approach to music theatre repertoire developed in the preceding lower-level papers. Students will extend their musicianship and devising skills while assembling a portfolio necessary to enter a career in the music theatre industry.
|Paper title||Musical Theatre Voice 3|
|Subject||Performing Arts Studies|
|Teaching period||Full Year (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,221.50|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- PERF 203 (passed with a grade of at least B)
- Limited to
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: Professor Henry Johnson
Teaching Staff: Ms Arlie McCormick
- Paper Structure
This paper covers Music, Theatre and Voice.
- Teaching Arrangements
Three 1-hour lessons per week incorporating group and indvidiual lessons.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
Please contact the School of Performing Arts office (email@example.com) for a copy of the most recent paper profile.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Research, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop the necessary vocal and performance skills to enter a career in the music theatre industry
- Be able to perform using musical skills with awareness of the necessary concepts and their potential uses in the professional arena