An introduction to the principles of research and critical literature evaluation followed by structured research exercises in pharmacy practice or pharmaceutical sciences. Selected from a range of topics.
|Paper title||Elective Study|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$816.30|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,947.80|
- Limited to
- Successful completion of the third-year BPharm programme.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Research methods test: 20%
- Poster presentation: 20%
- Self and peer assessment of individual contribution to teamwork: 20%
- Final report: 40%
- Teaching Arrangements
- Lectures, workshop, seminar and research project.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Teamwork, Communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper will:
- Introduce students to scientific research and research methods
- Develop students' skills in literature retrieval, critical evaluation, the construction of research proposals, data collection, data analysis and research report writing and presentation
- Increase students' understanding of ethical issues and health and safety issues pertaining to research
- Allow students to undertake structured research activities or in-depth study in an individual area of interest relevant to pharmacy