2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Advanced study into drug, disease and patient factors involved in the pharmacotherapeutic management of neurological, psychiatric and skin disorders; special populations, and medicines management.
|Paper title||Quality Use of Medicines C|
|Teaching period||Second Semester (8 July 2019 - 25 October 2019)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,612.16|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$12,632.96|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Dr Shyamal Das
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The aim of this paper is for students to be able to produce a care plan. Pharmaceutical
care plans are individualised/patient-focused treatment strategies developed by clinical
pharmacists. A care plan involves the following processes:
- Assessment of the patient
- Formulation of a treatment option
- Enacting this treatment option
- Monitoring the patient's outcomes
- Reflection on outcomes
- Return to "assessment of the patient" and continue the cycle