2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Theory and practice of case study research as an empirical inquiry. Students conduct a pilot study with children at the Movement Development Clinic or at any fields of their interests related to disability.
Students will learn and conduct case study research while teaching children with unique learning needs at the Movement Development Clinic or at any field of their interest. Case study research is an excellent method for novice researchers to gain insight into a case. Past students enrolled in this paper have presented their case study research at international conferences and in peer-reviewed journals.
|Paper title||Disability Case Study Research|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2018|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,590.98|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,357.07|
- PHSE 305 or PHSE 306
- PHSE 402
- Limited to
- BPhEd(Hons), PGDipOE, PGDipPE, MDanceSt, MPhEd
- Students with equivalent approved experience may be admitted with approval from the Dean of the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences.
- More information link
- View more information on the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences' website
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator and Lecturer: Associate Professor Motohide Miyahara
- Paper Structure
- Clinic preparation training
- Clinic teaching
- Lectures on developmental disabilities
- Teaching Arrangements
- If students have not taken PHSE 305, PHSE 306, PHSE 505 or PHSE 506, and if they want to teach at the Movement Development Clinic, clinic preparation training is compulsory from Weeks 1-3.
- Yin, R. (2009). Case study research: Design and methods. Fourth Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Ethics, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- A knowledge base of case study research and case formulation
- Skills to conduct and report case study research
- Positive attitudes as service providers and researchers