A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
The dissertation for BPhEd Honours students, taken during their Honours year.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,181.02|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,710.93|
- PHSE 391
- Limited to
- BPhEd(Hons), PGDipOE, PGDipPE, MDanceSt, MPhEd
- In approved cases may be taken for BSc(Hons) in Neuroscience.
- Students should approach a potential supervisor during their third year of BPhEd to
discuss entry into Honours.
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information on the Honours programme's website
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Dr Ojeya Cruz Banks
- Paper Structure
- The content will be specific to the student's and supervisor's requirements.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Usually individual seminars with supervisor.
- A reading list will be developed with the supervisor.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Critical thinking, Research, communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will have had the opportunity to develop research skills. These may include a literature review, methodological development and primary data gathering.