Study of clinical theory and practice in a specific area of physiotherapy.
|Paper title||Advanced Studies in Physiotherapy|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 1 (On campus)
Semester 2 (Distance learning)
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,018.75|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- MPhty, PGDipPhty
This paper is restricted to physiotherapists.
Paper runs subject to numbers.
- More information link
- View further information about the School of Physiotherapy
- Teaching staff
Paper Co-ordinator: Dr Ram Mani
Supervisors available within the School of Physiotherapy
- Paper Structure
An in-depth review and synthesis of the relevant literature is undertaken to produce written reports and a presentation regarding a specific area of physiotherapy agreed to between the paper co-ordinator and the student.
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is taught remotely.
The paper is taught with supervision from the paper co-ordinator and mentoring from within the School of Physiotherapy.
- No textbooks are required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking,
Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
The paper's objectives are to:
- Produce a coherent series of work (three pieces) that explores and expands upon the topic of interest;
- Produce a succinct analysis and synthesis of the literature in a written format;
- Present an oral report of the findings.