A supervised research dissertation of up to 20,000 words on an approved topic.
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (3 March 2023 - 23 February 2024)
1st Non standard period (3 March 2023 - 23 February 2024) (Distance learning)
2nd Non standard period (7 July 2023 - 28 June 2024) (On campus)
2nd Non standard period (7 July 2023 - 28 June 2024) (Distance learning)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,620.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 72 points of POLS at 300-level
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts, BCom(Hons), PGDipCom
- Interested students who do not meet the prerequisite should contact the department to discuss their eligibility.
- Teaching staff
To be confirmed.
- Teaching Arrangements
The Distance Learning offering of this paper is taught remotely.
Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the paper, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical and conceptual approaches to the study of politics and show knowledge of issues and themes in the study of politics;
- Identify relevant sources - primary, secondary, oral and other - for analysing politics;
- Undertake independent, self-directed research;
- Apply their understanding and knowledge through written analysis;
- Demonstrate a highly developed capacity for critical analysis.