A relevant work experience undertaken in an approved workplace, enabling the practical application of the skills acquired in the Master of Politics programme.
|Paper title||Politics Internship|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,810.00|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- POLS 501
- Limited to
- Candidates must undergo a selection process and gain Head of Programme approval to enrol in the paper.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Staff members vary depending on the placement.
Textbooks are not required.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate development of a range of personal and interpersonal skills, particularly communication, teamwork, priority setting and time-management skills
- Use methodological skills and theoretical insights to define an iterative research topic, which should be negotiated with the client
- Gain experience working within a community agency and conducting oneself as a professional researcher
- Conduct the research adhering to key ethical principles