Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Quality of life assessment, supportive cancer care, cultural safety. Clinical reasoning. Evidenced based treatment and toxicities of head and neck, thorax and central nervous system sites. Symptom management.
|Paper title||Patient Centred Radiation Therapy Advanced Practice|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,889.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,776.75|
- RADX 402
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information about Radiation Therapy
- Teaching staff
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, interdisciplinary perspective, lifelong learning, scholarship,
communication, critical thinking, cultural understanding, ethics, environmental literacy,
information literacy, research, self-motivation, teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- On the completion of this paper the successful student will be able to
- Explain the value of assessing cancer patients' quality of life during treatment
- Discuss management of cancer patients' psychosocial needs as part of supportive care practice as per Ministry of Health (2011) Guidelines
- Discuss the application of cultural competence in own professional practice
- Discuss the relevance of clinical reasoning and the decision to treat
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of current evidence-based treatments for head and neck, thorax and central nervous system cancers
- Evaluate the toxicities and symptom management that may occur with treatments to head and neck, thorax and central nervous system cancers
- Evaluate a range of case studies of patients with head and neck, thorax and central nervous system cancers and discuss the choice of treatment
- Demonstrate the importance of reflective practice in the clinical setting