This 'hands-on' paper focuses on the effective editing of footage largely shot by the candidate in their SCOM 411 paper.
|Paper title||The Techniques of Natural History and Science Filmmaking 2|
|Teaching period||Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,307.76|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,517.77|
- SCOM 411
- Limited to
- PGCertSciComm, PGDipSciComm, MSciComm, MAppSc
- May be taken only by students enrolled for Science and Natural History Filmmaking endorsement.
- More information link
- View more information on the Centre for Science Communication's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Most sessions will begin with a seminar relating to editing theory followed by a practical session.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Course outline
- The course outline will be supplied at the beginning of the semester.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Environmental literacy, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop knowledge and skills in:
- Colour grading
- DVD authoring
- Key framing
- Basic animation