Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Individual research in an approved topic, culminating in a dissertation of no more than 20,000 words.
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 24 June 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,464.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$14,402.50|
- 72 300-level SOCI points
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- BA students are invited to apply based on their third-year grades.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Course Co-ordinator: Dr Rebecca Stringer
- Teaching Arrangements
- Seminars and individual supervision.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will display an in-depth knowledge of a selected area of research, competent research and analytical skills, and the ability to complete a large written piece of work.