2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Individual research in an approved topic, culminating in a dissertation of no more than 20,000 words.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,426.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$13,983.00|
- 72 300-level SOCI points
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- BA students are invited to apply based on their third-year grades.
- More information link
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinator: Associate Professor Martin Tolich
- Teaching Arrangements
- Seminars and individual supervision.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will display an in-depth knowledge of a selected area of research, competent research and analytical skills, and the ability to complete a large written piece of work.