Analysis and application of theories and models of sustainable development based on the international creation of community participatory models.
|Paper title||Advanced Community Development Practice|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2023 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,482.25|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- PGDipSW, MSW
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Sociology, Gender and Social Work's website
- Teaching staff
Required: Ife, J. (2016) Community Development in an Uncertain World: Vision Analysis & Practice. Cambridge.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will:
- Be able to assess development theory and the range of development models
- Be able to identify the requirements and conditions for sustainable development across a full range of settings
- Have developed an advanced professional framework for community development practice, incorporating high level communication, planning, and implementation skills
- Be able to develop fully integrated development plans and strategies for effective change