Studies in Spanish or Hispanic language and culture taken at a partner university in Spain or Latin America.
Do you want to put your Spanish into practice and study for a semester at one of our prestigious partner universities in Spain or Latin America? Choosing to do an Honours degree in Spanish at Otago gives you the opportunity to have a semester of in-country study in which you attend classes at a world-renowned university, not to mention all the other non-academic experiences you will have living for several months in a vibrant Spanish environment, be it Spain or Latin America.
|Paper title||Studies in Spanish|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,142.40|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,661.93|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- Students who are taking a degree within the Spanish programme
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Paper normally studied as part of student exchange.
- Paper Structure
- In consultation with the Spanish Programme, the student will devise a course of study in Spanish language and culture at one of Otago's partner universities in Spain or Latin America. Students may choose papers that explore new subject areas or that build on study already undertaken. Students often select courses that are relevant to their dissertation topic.
- Assigned by the overseas university.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of SPAN 451 and SPAN 452, students will have
- Acquired in-depth knowledge of the subjects they chose to study and developed a critical approach to them
- Increased greatly their ability to communicate in Spanish, both in a social and a formal academic context
- Gained a truly international perspective on their studies through exposure to a different education system
- Developed the confidence to undertake research and scholarship in a hispanophone environment