A dissertation on an approved and individually-supervised research topic in Spanish; of up to 15,000 words if written in Spanish, or 20,000 words if written in English.
Would you welcome the opportunity to shape and then create, with the guidance of a supervisor, a substantial piece of academic writing on a topic of your own choosing? A key element of an Honours degree in Spanish at the University of Otago is a dissertation on a topic relating to Spanish peninsular or Latin American culture or literature.
|Points||60 points 60 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,426.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$13,983.00|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), PGDipArts
- More information link
- View more information on the Spanish programme's website
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Dissertation to be submitted on the last day of Week 13.
- Assigned by the supervisor.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of SPAN 490, a student will have
- Acquired and deployed the research and writing skills necessary to define the terms of and write a dissertation
- Improved information literacy and familiarity with academic resources in both English and Spanish
- Become very familiar with, if not an expert in, a particular subject area and its broader context
- Developed a critical appreciation of secondary material in the field
- Engaged in scholarship and gained an idea of what further postgraduate study might entail