Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
A critical examination of selected principles of management in New Zealand sport development.
|Paper title||Advanced Sport Management|
|Subject||Sport, Physical Education and Exercise|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2021 (On campus)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$946.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,213.25|
- SPEX 209
- PHSE 340, PHSE 430
- Schedule C
- Arts and Music, Commerce, Science
Associate Professor Sally Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Course Coordinator: Associate Professor Sally Shaw
- Teaching Arrangements
A reading list will be provided, which details the book chapter or research articles that complement each lecture. These readings will be available online.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Critical thinking, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
On completing the paper students will have had the opportunity to:
- Examine current research and utilise it to investigate contemporary sport management practices.
- Consider how current social issues such as diversity, modernisation, volunteer retention, and environmental concerns are important to sport managers.
- Develop basic research skills, particularly in literature reviews and using secondary data sources.
- Analyse life and work-based experiences to inform knowledge and challenge taken for granted assumptions about sport management.