A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper takes the form of an original research project under the supervision of an academic staff member that is conducted over two semesters. It culminates with the production a final dissertation submitted at the end of the second semester. This paper is an essential component of the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science’s Honours programme.
|Subject||Sport, Physical Education and Exercise|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,867.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$16,550.00|
- Limited to
- Limited to: BSc(Hons)
Associate Professor Motohide Miyahara, School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science Postgraduate Coordinator (email@example.com)
- Teaching staff
Honours Coordinator: Associate Professor Motohide Miyahara
Each student will have a different member of the School's academic staff act as their supervisor.
- Paper Structure
The content will be specific to the student's and supervisor's requirements.
A reading list will be developed with the supervisor.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Scholarship, Lifelong Learning, Critical Thinking, Information Literacy, Interdisciplinary Perspective, Ethics, Communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate the ability to design and undertake supervised academic research and apply higher-order problem-solving skills.
- Develop a depth of knowledge in a specific field of research.
- Have the ability to think logically, analytically, and critically, particularly with respect to the academic literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate research methodologies.
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical issues and have the ability to deal with these issues appropriately in the course of their research.
- Have a high standard of written communication skills.
BSc(Hons) students majoring in Sport, Physical Education and Health should enrol in SPEX 490.