A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
This paper takes the form of an original research project under the supervision of an academic staff member that is conducted over two semesters. It culminates with the production a final dissertation submitted at the end of the second semester. This paper is an essential component of the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science’s Honours programme.
|Subject||Sport, Physical Education and Exercise|
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,965.00|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$17,377.50|
- Limited to
BSc(Hons) students majoring in Sport, Physical Education and Health should enrol in SPEX 490.
Associate Professor Motohide Miyahara, School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Science Postgraduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teaching staff
Honours Coordinator: Associate Professor Motohide Miyahara
Each student will have a different member of the School's academic staff act as their supervisor.
- Paper Structure
The content will be specific to the student's and supervisor's requirements.
A reading list will be developed with the supervisor.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
Scholarship, Lifelong Learning, Critical Thinking, Information Literacy, Interdisciplinary Perspective, Ethics, Communication.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete the paper will:
- Demonstrate the ability to design and undertake supervised academic research and apply higher-order problem-solving skills.
- Develop a depth of knowledge in a specific field of research.
- Have the ability to think logically, analytically, and critically, particularly with respect to the academic literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate research methodologies.
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical issues and have the ability to deal with these issues appropriately in the course of their research.
- Have a high standard of written communication skills.