2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Clinical practice combined with self-directed special topics designed to allow upgrading of general practice dentistry skills.
|Paper title||General Practice|
|Subject||Special Needs Dentistry|
|Teaching period||1st Non standard period (20 January 2020 - 11 December 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$18,719.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$34,070.50|
- Limited to
- Teaching staff
- Course Co-ordinators: Professor Alison Rich and Professor Darryl Tong
- Medical Problems in Dentistry 6th edition or later - Crispian Scully
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy,
Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- This paper is designed as an introduction to special-needs dentistry for the general dental practitioner. The candidate will acquire a basic knowledge in general medicine and pharmacology relevant to special-needs dentistry patients presenting in general practice.