A supervised project involving original research and leading to the production of a dissertation.
All you need to get started is approval for your topic and a staff member who is willing to supervise you. If you have no clear topic in mind, ask staff members for suggestions; it is useful to make enquiries towards the end of your 300-level year. The range of potential topics is very broad: the main criterion is that there must be sufficient statistical content at an appropriate level and that you produce a coherent report.
|Points||40 points 40 points|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year, 1st Non standard period (8 July 2019 - 17 June 2020)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,239.44|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$8,877.11|
- Limited to
- BA(Hons), BSc(Hons), MSc, PGDipApStat, PGDipArts, PGDipSci, MA
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission. View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
- View more information for STAT 490
- Teaching staff
- Various staff.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will
- Develop the ability to conduct independent research and to work with a supervisor
- Prepare written work in a timely manner
- Give oral presentations