Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
An in-depth study of selected topics in surveying.
A special topic provides students with additional/indepth knowledge in a given subject area. It is also an ideal paper for students contemplating an honours degree as the specific research and knowledge will be designed to prepare for and support a dissertation.
|Paper title||Selected Topics in Surveying 2|
|Teaching period(s)||Semester 1
Semester 2 (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,142.04|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- 162 SURV points
- Schedule C
- Students must seek approval from the Dean of the School of Surveying before enrolling in this paper.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Students must contact (prior to choosing the paper) the School of Surveying lecturer specialising in the required area to obtain agreement to be supervised by that lecturer and hence, approval to undertake the paper in that particular discipline.
- Paper Structure
- The structure of the paper will vary depending on the supervisor and the topic.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Teaching arrangements will differ with each student/lecturer/subject area. To be negotiated.
- To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Learning outcomes will vary and be agreed upon by both parties, depending on the goals/reason why a student wishes to undertake in-depth study within a given subject area.