A course of directed reading in a approved topic.
A special topic provides students with additional specific knowledge in a given subject area. It is an ideal paper for students undertaking an Honours or postgraduate degree as the specific research and knowledge will be designed to prepare for and support a dissertation or thesis.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Points||20 points 20 points|
|Teaching period(s)||First Semester, Second Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,334.10|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,357.07|
- SURV 469, SURV 430
- Students must seek approval from an appropriate School of Surveying supervisor, prior to enrolling in this paper.
- Suitable for postgraduate students and professionals who wish to gain greater in-depth
knowledge/expertise in a specific subject area
Enrolment for this paper requires departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
- Prospective students must contact (prior to choosing the paper) the School of Surveying lecturer specialising in the required area to obtain agreement to be supervised by that lecturer and hence, approval to undertake the paper in that particular discipline. See the School's website.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Teaching arrangements will differ with each student/lecturer/subject area. To be negotiated.
- To be advised
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes will be determined jointly by the supervisor and student and will be influenced by the reasons/goals that a student has elected to undertake advanced learning in a special topic.