2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Courses in approved topics.
A special topic provides students with additional specific knowledge in a given subject area. It is an ideal paper for students contemplating an Honours or postgraduate degree as the specific research and knowledge will be designed to prepare for and support a dissertation or thesis.
|Paper title||Special Topic|
|Teaching period||Not offered in 2020|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,467.83|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,301.38|
- SURV 473
- Students must seek approval from an appropriate School of Surveying supervisor, prior to enrolling in this paper.
- Suitable for postgraduate students and professionals who wish to gain greater in-depth
knowledge/expertise in a specific subject area
Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- Teaching staff
Prospective students must contact (prior to choosing the paper) the School of Surveying lecturer specialising in the required area to obtain agreement to be supervised by that lecturer and hence, approval to undertake the paper in that particular discipline. See the School's website.
- Paper Structure
- The paper structure will be confirmed by the supervisor once the specialisation and
goals have been established between the student/supervisor.
- Teaching Arrangements
- Teaching arrangements will differ with each student/lecturer/subject area. To be negotiated.
- To be advised.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Information literacy,
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- The learning outcomes will be determined jointly by the supervisor and student and will be influenced by the reasons/goals that a student has elected to undertake advanced learning in a special topic.