Due to COVID-19 restrictions, a selection of on-campus papers will be made available via distance and online learning for eligible students.
Find out which papers are available and how to apply on our COVID-19 website
Creation of one or more approved theatre projects.
|Paper title||Studio Project in Theatre|
|Teaching period(s)||1st Non standard period (26 February 2021 - 22 February 2022)
2nd Non standard period (5 July 2021 - 26 June 2022) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$4,139.50|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$11,356.00|
- Limited to
- Admission is by application to the Head of Programme (Theatre Studies) by 1 February.
- Enrolments for this paper require departmental permission.
View more information about departmental permission.
- More information link
Please contact the School of Performing Arts for more information.
- Teaching staff
Please contact School of Performing Arts
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Communication, teamwork, self-motivation, lifelong learning, scholarship, critical
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students successfully completing the paper will be able to demonstrate
- Enhanced ability to undertake Performance as Research (PaR) projects (Research, Scholarship)
- Enhanced ability to analyse the artwork(s) of others as well as their own artwork(s) and to develop a high degree of critical awareness of each. (Scholarship, Global Perspective, Critical Thinking)
- Enhanced ability to reflect in and on practice (Research)
- Enhanced ability to communicate effectively in oral, written and performance forms (Communication, Research)
- Enhanced level of knowledge about and artistry in their chosen theatrical art form from creative, reflective and critical viewpoints (Lifelong Learning)
- Enhanced capacity for self-directed activity, undertaken in a focused, organised and timely manner (Self-Motivation)
- Enhanced ability to apply practical skills and knowledge to their chosen specialisation (Communication, Scholarship)
- Commitment to lifelong learning (Lifelong Learning)