A report on an approved research or practical project, no longer than 15,000 words.
The dissertation is a 15,000-word, independent piece of scholarly research conducted by the student under the supervision of a full-time faculty member. Empirical data collection (i.e. surveys, interviews) is not technically required for the dissertation. Completed dissertations are graded by two internal examiners, neither of whom is the student's supervisor.
|Teaching period||Full Year|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$2,202.45|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$10,049.33|
- TOUX 480
- Limited to
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Tourism's website
- Teaching staff
- Dr Willem Coetzee
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Scholarship, Critical thinking, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Upon successful completion of this paper, you should have
- Gained significant knowledge and experience of undertaking individual research
- Demonstrated an ability to conduct individual research to a standard sufficient to be able to undertake further high-quality research, either in higher research-only degree programmes or outside of tertiary education