2021 information for papers will be published in early September.
Evaluation of past and current trends regarding questions in ecological and evolutionary research and of how those trends influence research outcomes and scientific conclusions
|Paper title||Evaluating Trends and Controversies in Ecology and Evolution|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,333.93|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,793.66|
- Students are expected to have a general understanding of basic behavioural ecology and evolution concepts and to have taken a basic statistics paper.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Tutorials and independent research.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Identify and critically evaluate behavioural ecology and evolution literature
- Develop an understanding of the processes of science
- Communicate behavioural ecology/evolution concepts to science community and the general public
- Design and execute research projects
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a research group