Evaluation of past and current trends regarding questions in ecological and evolutionary research and of how those trends influence research outcomes and scientific conclusions
|Paper title||Evaluating Trends and Controversies in Ecology and Evolution|
|Teaching period||First Semester|
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$1,307.76|
|International Tuition Fees (NZD)||$5,517.77|
- Students are expected to have a general understanding of basic behavioural ecology and evolution concepts and to have taken a basic statistics paper.
- Teaching staff
- Paper Structure
- Tutorials and independent research.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship,
Communication, Critical thinking, Ethics, Information literacy, Research.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
- Students who successfully complete the paper will be able to
- Identify and critically evaluate behavioural ecology and evolution literature
- Develop an understanding of the processes of science
- Communicate behavioural ecology/evolution concepts to science community and the general public
- Design and execute research projects
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a research group