A supervised project involving research and leading to the production of a research report.
PGDipSci dissertations describe original research on a topic of the student's own choosing.
|Paper title||Research Project|
|Teaching period(s)||Full Year
1st Non standard period (10 July 2023 - 31 May 2024) (On campus)
|Domestic Tuition Fees (NZD)||$3,309.34|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- Carried out over 9 to 10 months, involving an average of 12 to 13 hours of work per week.
- All students should have a confirmed research supervisor before applying for postgraduate courses. Please visit the Zoology department website to view the research interests of staff. This will provide an indication of the types of areas in which they may supervise projects. A list of suggested thesis topics is also available on the Zoology Department website.
- More information link
- View more information on the Department of Zoology's website
- Teaching staff
Supervision by a member of the Zoology academic staff.
- Textbooks are not required for this paper.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical
thinking, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this paper will achieve learning outcomes in the following areas:
- Animal-handling skills
- Animal husbandry
- Competency in experimental design
- Laboratory-based or fieldwork-based research skills
- Data analysis
- Writing skills
- Ability to think critically and to problem-solve