About this paper
|Paper title||Medical and Surgical Management of Obesity|
|Subject||Obesity Prevention and Management|
|Teaching period||Semester 2 (Distance learning)|
|Domestic Tuition Fees ( NZD )||$1,551.63|
|International Tuition Fees||Tuition Fees for international students are elsewhere on this website.|
- Limited to
- PGCertPHC, PGDipHealSc, PGDipPHC, PGDipPhty, PGDipSEM, MHealSc, MPhty
Course Administrator: email@example.com
- More information link
- Teaching staff
Academic Co-ordinator: Dr Hamish Osborne
- Teaching Arrangements
This Distance Learning paper is taught remotely.
This is an interprofessional distance taught paper. Paper resources including four modules with required readings, Zoom video conference workshops and associated assignments with additional study resources will be made available on HS Moodle.
Readings will be indicated on Moodle.
- Graduate Attributes Emphasised
- Global perspective, Interdisciplinary perspective, Lifelong learning, Scholarship, Communication, Critical thinking, Cultural understanding, Ethics, Environmental literacy, Information literacy, Research, Self-motivation, Teamwork.
View more information about Otago's graduate attributes.
- Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this paper students will be able to:
- Critically appraise the evidence basis for primary health care & community based prevention and management of medical and surgical conditions associated with overweight & obesity.
- Apply knowledge and skills required for the prevention and management of medical and surgical conditions associated with overweight & obesity in own workplace environment and scope of practice.
- Contribute towards a system-wide approach to the prevention and management of medical and surgical conditions associated with obesity in New Zealand with appreciation of other’s roles.
- Approach obesity prevention and management in a non-stigmatising and ethical manner.