Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Imaging (PGCertMI)Apply Now
The Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Imaging (PGCertMI) provides a qualification for students who wish to discontinue study for the Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Imaging (PGDipMI). In some cases, candidates may wish to commence with the certificate.
Department of Radiology, University of Otago, Christchurch
Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Imaging
The programme of study shall consist of papers to the value of 60 points comprising:
Regulations for the Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Imaging (PGCertMI)
Admission to the Programme
- Admission to the programme shall be subject to the approval of the Programme Academic Co-ordinator or nominee.
- Every applicant shall
- have a bachelor’s degree in Medical Imaging or have a health sciences qualification in a relevant field requiring at least three years of full-time tertiary study, and
- present evidence of ability for advanced-level academic study.
Structure of the Programme
The programme of study shall consist of papers to the value of 60 points comprising
Duration of the Programme
- A candidate for the certificate shall normally follow a programme of study for not less than one semester of full-time study or the equivalent in part-time study.
- A candidate for the certificate will be expected to complete the requirements within two years of admission to the programme.
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Health Sciences) may, in exceptional circumstances, approve a course of study that does not comply with these regulations.