Take your practice to the next level
We offer postgraduate opportunities for general practitioners and health care professionalsto help you:
- Become a confident, effective and inspiring clinical teacher
- Gain the ability to manage complexity
- Optimise your therapeutic relationships
- Understand clinical ethics in practice
- Gain insight into the cultural context of health care and medicine to better meet patients’ needs
- Find answers through research
Through our courses, general practitioners and health care professionals develop skills to sustain and transform their practice and thrive in challenging environments.
We offer taught and supervised postgraduate qualifications.
Apply for the Master of General Practice (MGP)Apply Now
Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in General Practice (PGCertGP)Apply Now
Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in General Practice (PGDipGP)Apply Now
Who can study with us?
We can admit general practitioners who are registered for practice with either the New Zealand Medical Council or the Australian Medical Council. If this does not apply to you, you may still be eligible to study with us.
Contact the postgraduate administrator to find out if you are eligible to enrol for postgraduate study in the department.
The following programmes are offered
- Postgraduate Certificate in General Practice (PGCertGP)
- Postgraduate Diploma in General Practice (PGDipGP)
- Master of General Practice (MGP)
See the full list of General Practice (GENA) papers.