New curriculum for the School of Physical Education, Sport & Exercise
A number of changes have been made to the School of Physical Education, Sport & Exercise curriculum.
From 2019 the Bachelor of Physical Education has been replaced with a range of major and minor subjects. The following major subjects are available:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Exercise and Sport Science
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc) majoring in Physical Education, Activity and Health
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Sport Development and Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc) majoring in Sports Technology
The above subjects are also available as the Science major subject for the Bachelor of Arts and Science (BASc).
See the School of Physical Education, Sport & Exercise website for more information about these major subjects, as well as the minor subjects that are available.
How to apply
To apply for one these major subjects:
- Select the link above for the major you're interested in. This will take you to a page about the subject.
- Select the qualification you wish to take from the Qualifications list (BA, BAppSc, BSc or BASc depending on which subject you have selected). This will take you to the relevant qualification page.
- Click the Apply now button on the right of the qualification page. This will take you to the eVision login page where you can create your account and apply for the programme and select your major subject/s.
BPhEd students continuing in the programme in 2019
If you are continuing in the Bachelor of Physical Education in 2019 you should contact the School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences for advice on the papers to take in 2019 or other requirements to be fulfilled.
You will then be able to complete your application through your eVision portal. Paper selection will open in early September.
The following postgraduate programmes are available:
- Master of Sport Development and Management (MSpDM)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Development and Management (PGDipSpDM)
School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences