Learn new ways of thinking from our interprofessional team of rehabilitation experts and support your patients to get back to full participation in their lives.
Our programmes are delivered online so you can study from wherever and whenever it suits you.
Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc)Apply Now
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Christchurch campus in 2021
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Christchurch campus in 2022
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Dunedin campus in 2022
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Wellington campus in 2022
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Dunedin campus in 2021
- Apply for the Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) through the Wellington campus in 2021
Apply for the Postgraduate Certificate in Rehabilitation (PGCertRehab) through the Wellington campus in 2022Apply Now
Apply for the Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation (PGDipRehab) through the Wellington campus in 2022Apply Now
10 great reasons to study rehabilitation at Otago
- Connect with experts from all fields of rehabilitation
- Widen the scope of your skills and transform your practice
- Gain the confidence to put yourself forward for promotion and leadership opportunities
- Extend your collaborative and teamworking capabilities
- Gain access to the latest evidence-based thinking to guide rehabilitation practice
- Flexible course structure that can be tailored to meet your area of interest
- Our programmes are designed for distance learning – they have been delivered online for over 20 years
- You can study full-time or part-time to fit around other commitments
- Enjoy unparalleled study skills support
- Access a wealth of University resources from home at any time
Who are our programmes for?
Our qualifications will benefit those involved with improving rehabilitation outcomes across a wide range of disciplines.
- Occupational therapists
- Speech-language therapists
- Social workers
- Vocational advisers
- Health service managers
- Policy advisers
- Exercise physiologists
- Personal trainers
Enrolments are also welcome from those with lived experience of rehabilitation who are interested in a career in the field.
We offer distance-taught qualifications at the postgraduate certificate, diploma, master’s and PhD level.
Master’s and PhD candidates
Interested in research? Our interprofessional academic team includes world-leading researchers in the rehabilitation field with connections to international groups such as Cochrane Rehabilitation and the Australasian Musculoskeletal Clinical Trials Network. They have wide-ranging clinical and research interests, as reflected in the variety of papers on offer.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Rehabilitation (PGCertRehab)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation (PGDipRehab)
- Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc)
“The teaching styles used assisted me to understand new concepts and their application in practice. This paper has given me the confidence to engage with more learning activities at this level.”
“Switched the light on for me in terms of considering my own practice, the evidence for it and how to think more critically compared to the way I was organically training in physiotherapy – and gave me the tools to do so.”
“Gave me an understanding of the theories and frameworks that I work within and an enhanced vocabulary to discuss my work with others.”
“My colleagues would probably recognise me as a clinical leader and clinical specialist in the area of rehabilitation.”
“My postgraduate studies have enabled me to look more globally and across the spectrum about rehabilitation and to become far more client-centred and focused. I have become far more interested in the person and their life following illness or injury.”
Master of Health Sciences (MHealSc) endorsed in Rehabilitation
Note: A candidate, with the approval of the Board of Studies, may substitute alternative papers to the value of 30 points.
Postgraduate Certificate in Rehabilitation (PGCertRehab)
The programme of study shall consist of two papers:
Postgraduate Diploma in Rehabilitation (PGDipRehab)