Radiography offers a full range of dentomaxillofacial x-ray imaging.
- Extraoral imaging
- Intraoral imaging
- Specialist imaging studies including Cone Beam CT CBCT
Radiography services and teaching
Undergraduate dental, oral health students and postgraduate students receive clinical teaching and education in all aspects of dentomaxillofacial x-ray imaging.
Radiography receives x-ray imaging requests from all clinics within the Faculty of Dentistry and from private dental practitioners. Radiographs are also taken for research and forensic purposes.
Equipment at Radiography
Extraoral imaging equipment
- Orthophos® XG 3D Ceph (Sirona) initially installed July 2016 then relocated to CSB, is a direct digital panoramic, cephalometric and small FoVs 5 X 5.5, 8 X 5.5 and 8 X 8 cms CBCT
- Orthophos® SL 3D Ceph (Sirona) installed January 2020 is a direct digital panoramic, cephalometric and 5 X 5.5, 8 X 8 and 11 x 10 cms FoV CBCT
- AXEOS® (Sirona) installed June 2021 is a direct digital panoramic and 5 X 5.5, 8 X 5.5, 8 X 8, 11 X 10 and 17 x 13 cms FoV CBCT
- 4 Heliodent® (Sirona) x-ray machines
- DXTTR Dental x-ray trainer located in a dedicated tutorial room
- Heliodent® (Sirona) x-ray machines are located in 2nd and 3rd floor undergraduate Clinics as well as EXO/UCU, Paeds/Special Needs and Theatre
- XIOS ® (Sirona) intraoral image phosphor plate scanners are utilized in Radiography and at various clinic locations throughout the Clinical Services Building
- Digora® Optime (Soredex) image plate scanner enables stitched occlusal views
- Diane Campbell Charge Medical Radiation Technologist BCom MHealSc(Otago) DSR(D) DSR(T)
- Nicola Sorley Senior MRT Australasian Conjoint Board Diploma
Tel +64 3 479 7028
Department of Oral Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences
Faculty of Dentistry
PO Box 56