Radiography offers a full range of dentomaxillofacial x-ray imaging.
- Extraoral imaging
- Intraoral imaging
- Specialist imaging studies including Cone Beam CT CBCT
Undergraduate dental, oral health students and postgraduate students receive clinical teaching and education in all aspects of dentomaxillofacial x-ray imaging.
Radiography receives x-ray imaging requests from all clinics within the Faculty of Dentistry and from private dental practitioners. Radiographs are also taken for research and forensic purposes.
Extraoral imaging equipment
- Orthophos® XG 3D Ceph (Sirona) initially installed July 2016 then relocated to CSB, is a direct digital panoramic, cephalometric and small FoVs 5 X 5.5, 8 X 5.5 and 8 X 8 cms CBCT
- Orthophos® SL 3D Ceph (Sirona) installed January 2020 is a direct digital panoramic, cephalometric and 5 X 5.5, 8 X 8 and 11 x 10 cms FoV CBCT
- AXEOS® (Sirona) installed June 2021 is a direct digital panoramic and 5 X 5.5, 8 X 5.5, 8 X 8, 11 X 10 and 17 x 13 cms FoV CBCT
- 4 Heliodent® (Sirona) x-ray machines
- DXTTR Dental x-ray trainer located in a dedicated tutorial room
- Heliodent® (Sirona) x-ray machines are located in 2nd and 3rd floor undergraduate Clinics as well as EXO/UCU, Paeds/Special Needs and Theatre
- XIOS ® (Sirona) intraoral image phosphor plate scanners are utilized in Radiography and at various clinic locations throughout the Clinical Services Building
- Digora® Optime (Soredex) image plate scanner enables stitched occlusal views
- Diane Campbell Charge Medical Radiation Technologist BCom MHealSc(Otago) DSR(D) DSR(T)
- Nicola Sorley Senior MRT Australasian Conjoint Board Diploma
Department of Oral Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences
Faculty of Dentistry
PO Box 56