Take your career to the next level with a DClinDent from Otago
Gain specialist knowledge and skills in one of nine fields from Endodontics to Special Needs Dentistry. Learn from leading teachers at our brand-new, world-leading facility – unquestionably New Zealand’s national centre for dentistry.
Become an endodontist in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a maxillofacial physician in New Zealand and Australia.
Become an oral and maxillofacial pathologist.
Beome an oral surgeon in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a specialist in orthodontics in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a specialist paediatric dentist in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a periodontist in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a prosthodontist in New Zealand and Australia.
Become a specialist in providing oral health care to people with special needs.
The University of Otago Faculty of Dentistry is ranked 34th-best dental school in the world (2019 QS World University Subject Rankings).
The Faculty of Dentistry offers both world-class cutting-edge research and facilities. Our new Clinical Services Building, opened in 2019, houses patient-focused activities for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in dentistry, oral health and dental technology.
For students, the new Clinical Services Building’s key advantages include:
- Modern dental chairs and equipment that is widespread in the workplace
- The most common electronic patient records software in the Australasian health sector – many private practices also use a similar version
- Facilities that help teaching keep up with digital developments in dentistry
- Larger spaces for teaching students simultaneously – in an operating theatre, three surgical procedure rooms and areas for viewing scans and radiographs
- A new Student Commons (social area)
Our original building, the Walsh Building, is currently under refurbishment. It will house the Sir John Walsh Research Institute, the simulation clinic, seminar spaces, and offices for staff and postdoctoral students.