To be admitted to the course directly from school, you should have attained a minimum of 14 credits in each of two National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Level 3 approved subjects (or equivalent) from Science, Mathematics, or Technology.
Main categories for entry
There are five main categories for entry into the Bachelor of Dental Technology (BDS) programme:
- Admission with secondary school qualification
- Admission with a first year of university study
- Admission with two or more years of university study
- Admission with university qualification(s)
- Admission with alternative qualifications
How to apply
The Division of Health Sciences website has detailed information about the entry requirements, and how to apply for admission to Dental Technology.