When making a request to Design Services for graphic design work there are a few things we ask you to do before contacting us.
If you have questions about the type of material you require or the content you want to include please contact one of our marketing advisers:
Request a job
Please also be aware we have limited capacity and resources within the Design Services. If a request is not able to be met by the Design Services for whatever reason we can assist in putting you in touch with someone who can help. Also note that in these situations there will be a cost to you in engaging the services of a third party.
Download a design request form (Microsoft Word)
Designing your job
We need enough time to produce your artwork and allow for some changes after the first proof has been provided.
Also keep in mind and factor in the time required to print your collateral and/or the editorial deadlines for publications
As a guide here are some timeframes to consider:
- Newspaper/magazine adverts: 3-5 day turnaround
- Posters/rack cards: 3-5 day turnaround
- DLE flyers/Info Sheets: 5-7 day turnaround
- Multi Page Booklets: 7-10 day turnaround
Timeframes for larger publication and marketing campaigns will need to be discussed as these will vary depending on the size of the job. At a minimum you should allow at least three months.
While we try to accommodate every request we receive either directly or by offering advice, we are not in a position to resolve all enquiries through our in-house service.
These include, but are not exclusive to:
- Powerpoint presentations (templates are available)
- Design for WORD documents (some templates are available)
- Any booklet or publication larger than 10 pages
- Divisional, departmental, centre or programme reports (internal or external)
- Newsletters (we can assist in setting up a template)
- Conference posters (Uniprint do offer support)
- Changes to any supplied files or material which is off brand
- Design of or changes to any materials that are not branded University of Otago
- Logos or branding for joint venture enterprises involving the University of Otago
In situations where we are unable to undertake the work we do have a list of preferred external suppliers which we can provide to you.
Contact the Design Manager to discuss your requirements.