All requests for IT support in the Dunedin School of Medicine should be handled in the following way: (Some research units may have alternative arrangements)
During office hours
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred contact method)
- Ring the ICTSG on +64 3 479 4137 (University extension 4137)
- Leave a message if you get the voicemail
- If it is urgent and you have not contacted anyone or have had no response, then contact your departmental administrator—they will be able to help track one of us down
The University ITS Service Desk has longer hours depending on student demand.
Tel +64 3 479 8888 (University extension 8888)
The ITS Service Desk website has a notices section where planned and current service outages/issues are noted. If you are experiencing a problem with a central service (e.g. access to the network, internet, email, PIMS, Blackboard, etc), then check the notices before you call.
Once the Service Desk is aware of such a problem, information about it (including an ETA for fixing it, if known) will be put there.
The ICT Support Group manages the Hospital Lecture Theatre complex. These facilities are used by the University's Division of Health Sciences and Dunedin Hospital.
- Medical school lecture theatre map (PDF 380 KB)
- Barnett Lecture Theatre (seating capacity 150 maximum)
- Colquhoun (seating capacity 312 maximum)
Book theatres through Timetable Services:
For further information on room bookings, see:
University of Otago room bookings
- View current lecture theatre bookings (DSM online calendar)
- Octagonal Room (seating capacity 40 maximum)
- Dame Norma Restieaux Room (seating capacity 40 maximum)
Book these rooms through:
Dunedin School of Medicine
Tel 64 3 470 9837
All rooms within the academic areas are serviced by our support staff.
DSM websites and web content are jointly managed by:
Please direct enquiries regarding web content and updates to the DSM Web Co-ordinator:
Tel 64 3 470 9836 (hospital extension 59836)